Ask a water question!
If you have a water question, here are some of the ways you can get an answer:
Ask an Expert
Call a hotline
- Wellcare Hotline (Water Systems Council) Toll-free: 888-395-1033 (M-F, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.,ET)
- National Environmental Services Center at West Virginia University Toll-free: 800-624-8301, then select for drinking water or wastewater technical assistance
- U. S. EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline Toll-free: 800-426-4791, M-F 10 a.m.-4 p.m.; information about drinking water and groundwater programs authorized under the Safe Drinking Water Act. The service is also available online.
Search a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) List
For a Virginia groundwater question:
- Try the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality/Office of Groundwater Characterization website. The site includes contact information for groundwater specialists for different Virginia regions, groundwater publications, a wells database, a springs database, and a Frequently Asked Questions page.
For a household drinking water question:
- Try the Virginia Household Water Quality Program website. The site explains the Virginia Household Water Quality Program’s county-based drinking water clinics and provides a listing of upcoming clinics to be held in counties across the state. Links to numerous resources that address groundwater and drinking water quality, and private water system maintenance are included (on the home page, click “Resources”).
For a water-related agency, check this link:
- Water Related Regulations: Which Government Agency Is Responsible? (PDF compiled July 2005)