2021 Virginia Water Monitoring Council Conference
Exploring Emerging Water Issues
September 30, 2021
Online via WebEx
PROGRAM: Presentations run from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. We have scheduled brief morning and afternoon breaks, and 1.5 hours for lunch. A draft agenda is shown below: (subject to change)
- Keynote Speaker: The Great Decoupling Between Water Use and Growth – Brian Richter, Sustainable Waters
- Spatial and Temporal Patterns in Streamflow, Water-Chemistry, and Benthic Macroinvertebrates of Selected Streams in Fairfax County, Virginia, 2007-2018 – Aaron Porter, U.S. Geological Survey
- The Virginia Association of Soil & Water Conservation Districts (VASWCD): Promoting Conservation Across Virginia’s Various Landscapes – Maura Christian, VASWCD
- Stormwater Management Impacts on Virginia’s Solar Farms – Erin Belt, Virginia Department of Environmental Quality
- In-situ PCB/PAH Remediation Using Sediment Amendments: State of the Art and Lessons from Full-scale Projects – Upal Ghosh, University of Maryland (Baltimore County)
- Ecology and Conservation of Vernal Pools – Michael S. Hayslett, Virginia Vernal Pools, LLC
- Expanding Use of Community-Based Data on a Regional Scale – Liz Chudoba, Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay
- Fun and Educational Activity to Teach Youth about Water Quality and Its Importance – Daina Henry, Peninsula Master Naturalist Water Quality Team
REGISTRATION: Registration requires completing the online form here and paying via check or credit card. If you have problems with registration or are registering a group of people, contact Sophie Stern at email@example.com or 804-793-8792.
No refunds will be provided. The entire conference will be recorded, and all who register will receive a link to the recording following the conference.
- Virtual Registration for on-line participants – Closes: September 28, 2021 — $40 – A WebEx link will be sent to participants prior to the event.
QUESTIONS? If you have questions regarding the conference, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SCHOLARSHIPS: The VWMC is proud to honor the memory of longtime VWMC Steering Committee member Ken Brooks by offering scholarships in his name to cover the conference registration fee. Offering two “Ken Brooks Scholarships” to cover the conference registration fee. Available to full-time college students. Click here to complete an online scholarship application form. Application deadline: September 10, 2021.
SPONSORS WELCOMED! Contact email@example.com if interested in sponsoring the conference. We are accepting sponsorships of $100 or more for the conference. Conference sponsors will be recognized on all promotional materials.
PARTNERS: Thank you to our conference partners!