Our inaugural Virginia Tech Water Research Colloquium was a huge success! Hosted by the Virginia Water Resources Research Center, the colloquium was held on Nov 9 – 10, 2023 at the Alumni Center on the Virginia Tech campus. The colloquium was designed to share water research across campus, create networking and collaboration opportunities, and highlight the breadth of water expertise in our community. The 90 attendees included faculty, graduate students, postdoctoral associates, and research assistants from Virginia Tech who focus on water research.
We invited twenty speakers from eight departments to share their water research, in a mix of featured and lightning talks. The range of research areas presented included freshwater salinization, wetlands, PFAS, water contamination, microplastics, water quality forecasting, flooding, urbanization, and access to clean water.
Thank you to our speakers and to everyone who was able to attend! We look forward to planning for the next Virginia Tech Water Research Colloquium.
A special thank you to our colloquium sponsors!
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- College of Natural Resources and Environment
- College of Science
- Charles E. Via, Jr. Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering
- Potomac Aquifer Recharge Monitoring Laboratory
- Department of Biological Sciences
- Department of Biological Systems Engineering
- Fralin Life Sciences Institute
- Global Change Center
- Virginia Tech Office of Research and Innovation