Former Water Center Stormwater Policy Intern Featured on VT Daily News

The Water Center’s former Stormwater Policy Intern, Jonathan Reynolds, was featured in the Virginia Tech Daily News and on their Daily Video! Jonathan talks about the importance of internships in preparing him for his career in water management. 

See excerpt below from the Virginia Tech Daily News article, “Class of 2019: Jonathan Reynolds is ready for a career in water management,” written by David Fleming. 

“As he prepares for graduation in December, College of Natural Resources and Environment senior Jonathan Reynolds says that his internship experiences have laid an important foundation for a career in water management.

“The internships I’ve had while at Virginia Tech have helped me broaden my view of what’s going on in the environmental side of water science,” said Reynolds, from Fredericksburg, Virginia. “I’ve learned a lot of skills I wouldn’t have gotten just by being in the classroom.”

Reynolds, who will graduate with degrees in environmental resources management and in water: resources, policy, and management in the Department of Forest Resources and Environmental Conservation, has worked as a GIS intern for the Stafford County Department of Public Works, a crew leader guiding high school students in conservation projects in Virginia State Parks, and a stormwater policy intern for the Virginia Water Resources Research Center.”

Read full article HERE or watch video HERE.