The Virginia Water Center Welcomes New Intern Aaron Price

The Virginia Water Center welcomes Aaron Price as our new intern! Aaron is a Crop and Soil Environmental Science major, and is planning to use his internship to work on better understanding the science of riparian buffers and sharing that information with land managers. 

From Aaron: “I am a transfer student, coming to Virginia Tech from J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College in Richmond, Virginia. Currently, I am living in Blacksburg with my wife and two dogs, and we have come to love living in the mountains and becoming part of the community here at Virginia Tech. We spend our time hiking, kayaking, fly fishing, and enjoying any outdoor activities that we can. While living in Richmond, I helped manage a small farm that sold produce to CSA shareholders, local markets, and restaurants, and the experience sparked my interest in sustainable agriculture and conservation of natural resources. My major at Virginia Tech is Crop and Soil Environmental Science, and I am working towards the Blue Planet minor. My interests lie in the relationship between agriculture, soils, and water quality, and through the VWRRC internship I am working on a project to help better understand the science of riparian buffers and provide that information to land managers. I have been grateful for all of the resources and opportunities provided for me through Virginia Tech, and I am excited about continuing with my education.”

We look forward to working with Aaron during his internship!